August 8, 2012

Home 101

Yesterday evening while packing I realized it is a little sad that we are moving, given that we just made Home 101 our own and it took almost a year to get it that way. Below are some before and afters of our first home... This post will likely be a little boring to most of you and is probably more for me... We have lived here such a short time, but it was our first home so I wanted it documented to look back on :)

BEFORE:

AFTER: 


In absolutely no order whatsoever:

- Red & Gold Walls: We had some painting done before we moved in... I prefer a more soothing color on the walls and to bring in color with accent pieces. We went with a neutral grey - SW Versatile Grey
- Dining Room: In the dining room we removed the sconces and existing light fixture and opted for a linen drum shade and lamps. The neutral walls lightened the room right up. We did hang the lemon prints, but this is the only picture I have...
- Living Room - The tan linen sofa and blue ottoman was our first living room set up. I say first because we quickly discovered we needed more (much more) couch space for me and 6'5 Mr. H if I didn't want to be curled up in a ball at the end of the couch every night while we watched tv :) We moved the linen sofa, chair and blue velvet ottoman into the sitting area in the master bedroom which worked out great because I used the same blue velvet fabric for the throw pillows on our bed.
- Staircase Frames: I told Michael I wanted "organized chaos" on this wall with those frames that I had been collecting for months. We cut out pieces of wrapping paper in the size of the frames and taped them up on the wall and then hung the frames. He did such a good job! I did eventually fill all of the frames, but couldn't find a picture of them and they are already all in boxes for the new house.
- Front Yard: Michael and I stained the shutters and spent a lot of time on the landscaping in the front yard! Both involved long Saturdays and sunburns, but it looks much, much better than it did when we moved in.
- Floral Painting & Lamps: This in the only photo I have of the guest bedroom, which was my least favorite room. I sold the flower painting and have a new plan for the guest bedroom at our new house:)
- Living Room Version #2: This was the new sectional in the living room -- which we sold last week. haha! I will use any excuse to redecorate and moving is the best one I can think of... In my defense this really wouldn't work in our new home so we are going in a different direction yet again...
- We found a beautiful entertainment center, for a great deal, that took up this entire wall, but for some reason this is the only photo I have of it... It wont be going with us either because the new owners asked for it in their offer on the house and Michael was quick to except because he wasn't looking forward to having to move it. I was less than thrilled because I love it... but I am sure we can find something else we love...
- Master Bedroom: Our bedroom was one of my favorite rooms. I just picked up some antique botanical prints I had framed and they never even had the chance to make their debut on the wall above the bed. They will have to wait for the new home. I absolutely LOVE them. I picked them up over a year ago at an antique flea market and finally found someone who does absolutely beautiful framing and had very decent prices... They are sooo pretty - I can't wait to hang them!

We will really miss this house because we love it, but we aren't fond of the area and that makes all of the difference sometimes. We are really looking forward to being in Fort Worth and to making our new house a home. Our new home was built in 1952 and has had updates over the years, but will still need some love.

Here is a sneak peek of our new house...





Photobucket

No comments: