August 25, 2012

19 Weeks & 20 Weeks

I have some catching up to do. We are finally moved into our new home, but needless to say spare time has been hard to come by lately. So many exciting things to share!! Let's start with the move... Without focusing on the negative I will just leave it at this. We had a stressful week right before we closed. The closing changed several times and the entire deal almost fell through to the point where we started looking at apartments to get us through until after Baby H makes his/her debut. (Did I mention we know what he or she is?!?! - next blog post, so stay tuned!) I am not sure we will ever be out of boxes, but we are already completely loving our new home and being in Fort Worth! While we may still have lots of boxes that haven't been unpacked, don't you worry because the crib is up and ready to go :) It makes me happy to walk in there and see it and know that in few months Baby H will be sleeping 8 hours a night in it. How do you like that for positive, wishful, almost delusional thinking?


Now for the belly...

Excuse the mess - we were still living in the hotel and I took full advantage of that and lived like a complete slob. It definitely had it's perks with room service and a maid everyday, but we sure are glad to be home :)


How far along? 20 Weeks

Total weight gain: I have no idea. I think about the same... The scale was packed and I am just fine with that :) Ignorance is bliss sometimes.

Maternity clothes?: Only work pants so far... However my button up shirts for work have officially been retired. I really feel that once they start popping open while you are walking it is really better just not to wear them :) 

Stretch marks? No... I have been using vitamin e lotion, bio oil and some other stretch mark oil that I found online. My belly is always oiled up and I pretend that this might really be working. Infomercials were made for me. 

Best moment this week: Dinner with my sister last night. We had some really good laughs and some fairly decent pasta. Doesn't get much better than that. 

Sleep: I started sleeping with three pillows for more support and decided it was time to break down and buy the pregnancy pillow which makes it debut next week. It looks awesome, but it also looks like Michael better like it to since it is going to pretty much take up the whole bed. 

Miss Anything?: We went to Mi Cocina a few days ago and everyone had a margarita or mambo taxi. I was jealous - very, very jealous.  

Movement: Not Yet

Food cravings: Salad and Potbelly oatmeal chocolate chip cookies

Belly Button In or Out:  In, but it wont be long. 

Symptoms: It's what I affectionately refer to as ANGRY HUNGRY. HANGRY. And it happens A LOT. 

Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or Moody most of the time: This was a tough week so I will go with moody and happy - very happy to be moved in, but it was hot and stressful so I can't say I always handled it with grace.

Looking forward to: Decorating the Nursery!!!!

Please excuse my tired eyes and pitiful hair. Moving really wore me out! Moving is hard when you are in great shape, but when you are pregnant and hot even with the air conditioner set on 68 - moving feels more like a marathon. And I am definitely NOT a marathon athlete even on the best of days. 



Photobucket

No comments: