June 15, 2012

10 Weeks

I was 10 weeks on Tuesday.  We had our second ultrasound and could see Baby H much better this time. We could see his/her legs moving while Baby H was laying back hammock style, relaxing. Here are some fun facts about what is going on right now. inside me. I still can't believe this is all happening INSIDE of me.

What is Baby H up to? (According to babycenter.com)

Your baby has now completed the most critical portion of his development. This is the beginning of the so-called fetal period, a time when the tissues and organs in his body rapidly grow and mature.

He's swallowing fluid and kicking up a store. Vital organs - including his kidneys, intestines, brain and liver (now making red blood cells in place of the disappearing yolk sac) - are in place and starting to function, though they'll continue to develop throughout your pregnancy. If you could take a peek inside your womb, you'd spot minute details, like tiny nails forming on fingers and toes (no more webbing) and peach-fuzz hair beginning to grow on his tender skin.

In other developments: Your baby's limbs can now bend. His hands are flexed at the wrist and meeting over his heart, and his feet may be long enough to meet in front his body. The outline of his spine is clearly visible through translucent skin, and spinal nerves are beginning to stretch out from his spinal cord. Your baby's forehead temporarily bulges with his developing brain and sits very high on his head, which measure half the length of his body. From crown to rump, he's about 1 1/4 inches long. In the coming weeks, your baby will again double in size - to nearly 3 inches.

How I'm feeling
I'm still exhausted, but I don't have morning sickness so I don't feel like I can complain. Now, don't me wrong, if I don't have something to eat about every 3 hours I start to get nauseated and weak. I am eating like a horse. It is a tad scary. For example. I literally had double Michael's portion tonight at dinner and I could have kept eating.

Cravings of the Week
This changes on a daily basis....

  • Ice Water with Lemon. No ice, no deal. No lemon, no deal. 
  • Chipotle Burrito Bowl
  • Bananas
  • Multi Grain Cheerios
  • Best Maid Sliced Hamburger Pickles
  • Bagels w/ cream cheese
I realize most of these cravings sound healthy, which is funny given that last week all I wanted was a cheeseburger and that is basically what I had everyday. This week I fought the urge to have cheeseburgers and have been trying to give this baby a little more of the food pyramid. 

Tears of the Week
I had read that I would be emotional, but Lord did it hit me like a freight train this week... 
  • At our Ultrasound on Tuesday
  • Remember Me - If you haven't seen this movie, it is sad. the whole thing. It's one of those... 
  • Telling Michael about the movie, Remember Me
  • Life As We Know It - If you haven't seen this movie, it is precious, but a tear jerker, especially for those who are pregnant. 
  • I am sure there were more, but my memory isn't the greatest these days... 
Baby Brain Moments
  • I know there have been some, but I can't remember. And I'm not just trying to be funny. 
What I'm Looking Forward To
  • The 2nd trimester burst of energy I keep reading about
Next Appointment
  • July 10th 


Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So happy for you. I craved burritos too! Glad you are loving the bubba keg full of ice/lemon water.
Love, Kristin