December 13, 2011

Merry Merry Merry

Have I mentioned that I absolutely love this time of year? I really, really, REALLY do. I love the decor, the cold air, bundling up in comfy clothes, the warm drinks (at the moment I am craving Mexican Hot Chocolate), the lights, the music, the shopping, the time with family and the deeper meaning of the season.

If it weren't completely tacky I would leave up all of my decorations year round. And I say this in all seriousness. Having the Christmas tree on makes me smile. Michael typically gets up before me in the mornings and always has the tree on when I get up since he knows how much I love it. Love that man.

I finally purchased stockings and have been burning my favorite candle (Aromatique Christmas Greetings) since before Thanksgiving. It makes the whole house smell like Christmas!!


Oddly enough Parker and Cass haven't tried to knock the tree over, eat it, or carry it off to covet in some remote corner of the yard. (That is where we find a lot of things) They also haven't touched a single wrapped gift... Such an accomplishment at our house when something doesn't get chewed up :)


With all the cold weather both Parker and Cass haven't wanted to spend a whole lot of time outside in the evenings. I can't really blame them. At first we were giving them free reign on the furniture and then one day while we were standing in Home Depot I noticed that we were completely covered in dog hair. We were THOSE people with dog hair all over them. Kinda gross, even I have to admit. Needless to say I went home and used an entire lent roller on the couch and rug and have now have added a pet hair vacuum to my list for Santa. (Although Santa has told me in no uncertain terms - NO) This week has been ALL about re-introducing them to their seriously cute dog beds that I bought for them before we had even picked them up from the breeder. I like to plan ahead :) Correction. I LOVE to plan ahead. Their beds are adorable, but for some reason I just can't get Parker interested in his. He wants to be right beside us even if that means sleeping on the cold floor or standing and just resting his head on our laps now that sitting with us is off limits. I am not sure how long this will last given that I wanted to cave on night one, but Michael stood his ground.  Cass on the other hand LOVES her bed and dashes for it the second we let her in the house.  If you haven't noticed we are obsessed with our dogs. For now they are our kiddos.





Photobucket

No comments: